Every year, hundreds of Missouri citizens are injured in car accidents involving uninsured drivers. Thousands more are injured in accidents involving drivers who carry only the minimum amount of liability coverage for bodily injury, which in Missouri and Kansas, is $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident.

If you were injured by an uninsured or underinsured driver in the Kansas City area, call 816-361-5555 to discuss your case with an attorney at Monsees & Mayer, P.C. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case and explain your options.

Who Will Pay For My Damages?

In Missouri, drivers are required to carry uninsured (UM) and underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage equal to at least the minimum amount of liability coverage required by state law. If you carry more than the minimum amount of liability coverage, you have the option of buying UM/UIM coverage up to the amount of liability insurance you carry. Uninsured coverage is usually required, but underinsured coverage is not always required.

UM/UIM coverage is insurance you buy to protect yourself and your passengers. It protects you not only from uninsured drivers, but also from hit-and-run drivers, phantom vehicles and drivers who do not have enough insurance to pay for your damages.

Filing UM/UIM insurance claims can be very complex, especially if you were injured by an underinsured driver. If you make a mistake, your insurance company could deny your claim. For this reason, it’s important to seek the help of an experienced attorney who can protect your interests.

Contact Our UM/UIM Claim Attorneys

For immediate help following an accident involving an uninsured driver, an underinsured driver or a phantom vehicle call 816-361-5555 or complete our simple contact form to schedule a free consultation with a lawyer at our firm.