2016 Year in Review
Over the past year, our Monsees & Mayer attorneys and staff traveled across the country and spent thousands of hours investigating scenes, interviewing witnesses and experts, and doing whatever it takes to advocate for our clients. We resolved cases involving sexual misconduct by church personnel, bad faith claims against insurance companies, injuries and deaths due to defective hunting equipment and firearms, negligent personnel in nursing home, elder care and day care facilities, negligent business owners failing to protect their customers, negligent drivers causing injury to motorists and pedestrians alike, bus accidents causing injury to riders, and negligent commercial truck drivers causing injury to unsuspecting victims.
Our attorneys not only represented clients here at home but traveled to Colorado, Texas, Louisiana, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Kansas, Illinois, Tennessee, Maryland, Michigan, Florida and Wisconsin fighting on behalf of our clients. The firm received the distinction of “10 Best Law Firms” in Client Satisfaction again this year. Attorneys Tim Monsees and David Mayer both received “Super Lawyer” recognition for the 10th year in a row and were both named “Top 100 Lawyers” of 2016 by the American Society of Legal Advocates. In addition, David was named to the “Top 1% of Distinguished Attorney’s” by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
Amongst all these results and achievements we did make time for some fun:
- Tim took two scuba diving trips this year to unwind, one to Costa Rica and the other to the Socorro Island. He celebrated the marriage of his step daughter and he will become a grandfather after the first of the year.
- David liked to unwind on the golf course. We always knew where to find him on summer Friday afternoons. He did take time for a couple trips to Florida and Arizona and celebrated the graduation of his two oldest children from the University of Missouri Columbia this year.
- Robert, or as we like to call him, “Bobby”, spent much of his time attending and participating in weddings this year, 7 to be exact. However, he did find time to take a few vacations up and down both the East and West coast.
- Amir spent some of his time participating in a few weddings as well, but one of his allowed him to travel to the British Virgin Islands. He also went hiking in Colorado and made a few trips to visit family in Arizona and California.
- Reed is our newest attorney. He joined our firm in September of this year as an “Associate” after passing the bar. As you can imagine, he spent a lot of his free time studying. However, he did find a little time to partake in some skiing in Colorado.
- Our wonderful paralegals and support staff collectively had a destination wedding, took a student group to Costa Rica, went to Northern Arkansas for a music festival, visited Las Vegas and took family vacations to New York, Washington, Minnesota, California, Hawaii, Florida and Arizona.
Monsees & Mayer, P.C. is more than just a law firm; it is also a close knit family. We celebrated our 21st anniversary this year. We not only enjoy working together, but also having fun together. The guys surprised all the gals with a spa day in January, which was a huge hit. Everyone took an afternoon off in June and volunteered as a group at “Giving the Basics”. There is no greater bonding experience than that of working together to help others. September saw us celebrating our 21st anniversary at “Top Golf” in Overland Park. Some of us are definitely better golfers than others. November we decided to try out the Escape Rooms; we competed against each other in the Pyramid Paradox Escape Room at Tick Tock Escape Games. There is still a question as to which team won, “Team Monsees” or “Team Mayer”. Of course, we could not end the year without celebrating the holidays together, with our annual holiday party in the middle of December.
As another year comes to a close, we at Monsees & Mayer, P.C. want to thank you for letting our family help yours, and we wish everyone the happiest of New Year’s.