Property owners are potentially liable for injuries suffered on their premises. If you have and injury from slip-and-fall accidents or tripped because of an unsafe condition, you may be entitled to compensation. The more serious the injury, the more important it is to have experienced legal representation.

The Kansas City personal injury lawyers of Monsees & Mayer, P.C. have obtained good recoveries in slip, trip and fall cases throughout Missouri and Kansas. We can determine if you have grounds for a premises liability claim against the business or property owner. Call 816-361-5555 for a free case evaluation.

Did The Owner Create The Danger Or Know About The Defect?

A slip-and-fall on squished food or spilled liquid is a difficult case to win. The owners can claim they did not have knowledge of the danger or a reasonable opportunity to address it before the accident. The best cases involve injuries in which a person tripped or fell because of a code violation or some other longstanding defect, or a safety hazard created by the actions of the owner or employees. For example:

  • Broken handrails and broken steps
  • Stair treads and risers not to code
  • Dimly lit stairwells and entrances
  • Unexpected step-ups/drop-offs
  • Heaved sidewalks and broken curbs
  • Waxed or mopped floors without warning signs
  • Electrical cords and other tripping hazards
  • Leaking coolers and hoses
  • Unmarked construction holes

Our Focus Is What Happened To You

We know from experience that people suffer serious and lasting injuries in slip-and-fall and trip-and-fall accidents. Our lawyers have recovered notable settlements and verdicts for back injuries, ankle fractures, knee injuries, torn shoulders, head injuries, even paralysis and death. We pursue compensation for past and future medical care, lasting disability, lost income, and our clients’ pain and suffering.

All property owners have a legal duty to visitors. We will bring claims against shopping malls, big box retailers, supermarkets, restaurants, apartment buildings, construction companies and other commercial entities, as well as homeowners and municipalities.

Injured On Public Property?
Although there may be a ceiling on the amount of damages, a city, county, school district or other governmental entity can be held liable for tripping or falling hazards. However, there may be a short window of as little as six months to bring a claim. If you miss the deadline, you could be barred from recovery. Don’t delay in calling an attorney!

Contact our firm today to discuss your possible slip, trip or fall accident. We will aggressively assert your rights and follow through to obtain the maximum compensation.