Serious and Catastrophic Personal Injury Law Firm
A serious personal injury accident changes your life. While you cannot go back in time and undo the damage, you can work with us to improve your future. Our attorneys can help you pursue the monetary compensation you will need to cope with the aftermath and move forward in life.
At Monsees & Mayer, P.C., we are here to protect your rights and help you make good decisions. We are committed to maximizing your compensation and guiding you through this difficult time. No amount of recovery will ever restore your health. An appropriate award of money damages or a negotiated settlement can open doors to the future, and place you and your family in a more secure position.
Get Help Today. Our Kansas City personal injury attorneys handle cases throughout Missouri and Kansas. Call 816-326-1135 for a free consultation.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our lawyers have over 60 years of combined experience representing individuals injured by the negligence of others. See examples of our notable case results or read more about the types of cases we handle:
- Dangerous products– Injuries from defective machinery, vehicles and consumer goods
- Nursing home negligence– Injuries to elderly residents from abuse, falls, bedsores, ulcers, neglect or medical errors
- Sexual abuse– Sexual assault and molestation of children or vulnerable adults by others in a position of trust, such as religious organizations, churches, property owners, daycare operators, youth leaders and teachers
- Dangerous premises– Slips, trips and falls, swimming accidents, victims of criminal acts on the premises and other injuries from unsafe property
- Motor vehicle accidents– Compensation for drivers, passengers and pedestrians injured in auto or vehicular accidents, including those that involve motorcycles, busses, or tractor trailer trucks
- Hunting Accidents –injuries from defective firearms and tree stand accidents
The Experience and Dedication To Get Results
Our firm is extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of a personal injury case, including injuries to children. We are extremely experienced in ensuring victims of serious or catastrophic injuries receive the full compensation they will need to cover losses and adapt to their new life. Any personal injury suffered is serious to the victim. However, victims who have suffered burns, paralysis, brain trauma, fractures, or spinal injuries, have special needs. These needs can only be adequately addressed by an attorney with experience handling more complex injury cases.
We have successfully handled numerous catastrophic injury settlement claims. We are available to handle a range of serious injury cases including:
- Wrongful Death
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Back & Neck Injury
- Bone & Joint Injuries
Establishing Liability And Damages In Personal Injury Claims
Our trial attorneys excel at identifying the responsible parties for your injury, including lawsuits against third parties who caused or contributed to accidents or allowed assaults or injuries to happen through their inaction or indifference. Many cases of negligence are more about what wasn’t done, as opposed to what was done. These are cases of negligent omission.
We work closely with you and your medical providers to recover all elements of damages you are entitled to, including compensation for:
- Medical care– Hospital bills, surgery and physical therapy, medications and medical equipment, nursing care, home modifications and other anticipated treatment
- Lost income– Lost wages for time away from work and projected earnings and benefits for injury victims who are unable to return to their jobs. At times, someone is able to return to gainful employment, albeit with limitations that affect future earnings potential
- Disability or disfigurement– Loss of use of bodily functions, loss of limbs, facial scarring and disfiguring injuries
- Pain and suffering– Chronic pain, anxiety, depression and other physical, psychological and emotional effects
- Loss of consortium– Loss of intimate relations with a spouse/partner due to disabling injuries and loss of an injured spouses’ ability to contribute to the tasks of daily living in a household.
These damages can quickly add up, especially when the injuries are extensive or permanent. It is important to be represented by a law firm that is committed to your comprehensive needs and not merely looking for a fast settlement. We are prepared to go to trial to make the liable parties and their insurers pay full damages.
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney That Will Fight For You
Our job is not done when we win money for you. We develop a game plan for how your personal injury proceeds will be received and distributed. A lump sum settlement may be appropriate, but many times we structure the settlement or award to provide a future stream of income, or to cover future medical care or job retraining. For example, if you are forced to retire early because of your personal injury, we help you connect with tax and investment professionals to make sound financial decisions with your settlement.
We will never just send you on your way and say, “good luck.” Our firm is committed to assistance from the day you walk in the door through the conclusion of your case.
Monsees & Mayer welcomes you to a no-cost initial consultation. Call us at 816-326-1135 or complete our online form, and we will reach out to you soon.