Elderly people can fall easily. Joints, bones, muscles and neural networks simply break down over time. But residents are in nursing homes to make sure they are safe. And it goes without saying that the elderly should not fear abuse and neglect.
While some nursing home accidents simply can’t be prevented, other accidents occur as a result of negligence on the part of the nursing home — particularly when the home knew a resident was at risk. Facilities that fail to protect residents can be sued for negligence and compelled to compensate victims and their families.
If your loved one was hurt through a fall or through poor treatment at a nursing home, our lawyers can help you understand your rights and find a solution to the underlying problem.
Real Guidance, Strong Discovery
At Monsees & Mayer, P.C., based in Kansas City, Missouri, we represent victims of nursing home neglect, falls and abuse, fighting for accountability and maximum compensation. We provide guidance to distressed families, and we conduct thorough investigations into facilities that have not upheld their responsibilities to vulnerable residents. We can assist you if:
- Notice was given to a facility about a previous fall or other fall risk
- Your family member was not supposed to stand up or walk on his or her own
- Your family member takes medication or has another issue that causes weakness
- Your family member was left on the floor or otherwise neglected following a fall
- There is a pattern of falls at your loved one’s facility
- Your case involves improper risk assessment or procedures related to falls
- Inadequate staffing
- You believe your family member was physically or sexually assaulted or otherwise deliberately mistreated
Nursing home negligence cases rely heavily on records, forms and other factors that require extensive discovery and, often, medical expertise. Nursing homes are also heavily regulated, and you need an attorney who is familiar with nursing home regulations and has access to records demonstrating prior regulatory violations. Nursing homes and their insurance companies know this, and they may block your efforts to investigate a fall or another type of incident. That is why you need a knowledgeable, experienced attorney on your side.
Contact Us | The Consultation Is Free And Confidential
Falls and other injuries in nursing homes are problematic and worrisome. Contact the law firm of Monsees & Mayer, P.C., to discuss your concerns. We offer a free, confidential consultation.