Employment Discrimination

If you are experiencing discrimination at work, it’s important to contact an attorney who has the skills and experience to fight for you. Your job may be at stake in the outcome of your case.

At the law firm of Monsees & Mayer, P.C., in Kansas City, Missouri, we know how important your job is. Our lawyers will work hard to resolve employment disputes quickly and favorably. If you have been terminated unlawfully, we will seek just compensation for everything you have lost. Call 816-361-5555 to discuss your legal issue with one of our lawyers.

Discrimination And Retaliation Are Illegal In The Workplace

Discrimination based on sex, pregnancy, race, age, national origin or religion is a degrading experience. It is also illegal under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (as amended) and under the Missouri Human Rights Act.

Discrimination in the workplace can take many forms. Examples include:

  • Discrimination in Hiring
  • Discrimination in Promotion
  • Discrimination in Pay
  • Termination Based on Your Status
  • Sexual Harassment
  • Reduction in Force
  • Breach of a Contract of Employment

It is also illegal for your employer to retaliate against you for exercising a right of the workplace, such as:

  • Filing or Reporting a Discrimination or Harassment Claim
  • Supporting Another’s Discrimination Claim
  • Filing for Workers’ Compensation
  • Reporting Employer Misconduct to Government Agencies, sometimes referred to as “whistleblower” cases
  • Filing an Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) complaint

You should never allow a problem at work to linger. The adverse actions you are experiencing could get worse and could lead to termination. We offer a
free and confidential consultation to discuss the problems you are experiencing and will explain what we can do to remedy the situation.

Contact Our Kansas City Employment Discrimination Attorneys

The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can gather the evidence we need to prove your case. Call 816-361-5555 or complete our simple contact form to talk to a lawyer at our firm.