We Welcome Local Counsel Inquiries And Case Referrals
The trial lawyers of Monsees & Mayer P.C. have a long history of partnering with other law firms in plaintiff personal injury and other civil litigation. We cherish the relationships built with referring attorneys and the opportunities in combining forces for the benefit of mutual clients.
From offices in Kansas City and Springfield, we regularly provide local counsel and co-counsel assistance to legal peers throughout the United States. Call today to discuss how our proven legal team can be of service:
· Case referrals – Are you licensed in another state but retained for a personal injury or wrongful death matter under Missouri or Kansas jurisdiction? We welcome referrals from attorneys nationwide whose clients were injured “in our backyard.” We also encourage referrals from in-state attorneys who are not equipped for trial litigation or who have a conflict of interest.
· Co-counsel – Would your client benefit from our special experience or expertise within personal injury or civil litigation? Our diverse successes range from complex trucking and aviation accidents to lawsuits for sexual abuse, defective firearms and employment discrimination. See examples of our case results.
· Local counsel – We can accommodate out-of-state attorneys who have the experience and intent to pursue the matter as lead counsel, but require affiliation with a local Missouri or Kansas firm. Our firm can provide tailored assistance, from research and clerical support to trial strategy and co-chairing.
Partnering For Success In Personal Injury Litigation
Strength in numbers is invaluable when competing against insurance companies or corporations of virtually unlimited financial means. Monsees & Mayer P.C. has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts through cooperative ventures with out-of-state firms. We strive to give your client the finest representation with you as a fully invested partner in the process.
We welcome referrals and co-counsel agreements. You choose the level of your involvement, which will influence division of duties, financial responsibilities and division of fees.
- Although you are out of town, it is still highly important to build a relationship of trust. Nothing can replace the value of a face-to-face meeting. We get on a plane and come to you. We meet with you and with your client. We make sure all parties are in mutual understanding and agreement as to the goals, game plan and financial obligations.
- We conscientiously craft a relationship and a division of fees and responsibilities, working within the Rules of Professional Responsibility to reach a financial arrangement that complies with both your and our ethical mandates.
- Our mutual client is fully advised of the attorneys’ agreement regarding fees and expenses and is informed in writing of the details.
- At the conclusion of every case, a full accounting is made to the client of fees and expenses including the proportionate allocations between the attorneys.
Reach Out To Our Respected Attorneys
We are happy to provide references from attorneys with whom we have worked in the past, and fully hope and expect to work with in the future. Our attorneys meet the highest credentials of integrity and legal ability.
If you have a case for referral or seek experienced and trusted local counsel, call our Kansas City law office at 816-361-5555, or contact us online.