Another year, and another year of painstaking dedication to your clients. Every year, we resolve cases involving sexual misconduct by church personnel, youth leaders and others in a position of trust, bad faith claims against insurance companies, injuries and deaths due to defective hunting equipment and firearms, negligent personnel in nursing home, elder care and day care facilities, negligent business owners or landowners failing to protect their customers from the hazards of crimes and assaults on the premises, negligent drivers causing injury to motorists and pedestrians alike, bus accidents causing injury to riders, and negligent commercial truck drivers causing injury to unsuspecting victims.
Our attorneys not only represented clients here at home but traveled to Colorado, Texas, Louisiana, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Ohio, Kansas, Illinois, Tennessee, Maryland, Michigan, Florida and Wisconsin fighting on behalf of our clients. The firm received the distinction of “10 Best Law Firms” in Client Satisfaction again this year. Attorneys Tim Monsees and David Mayer both received “Super Lawyer” recognition for the 10th year in a row and were both named “Top 100 Lawyers” of 2017 by the American Society of Legal Advocates. Tim was recognized again as one of the “Best Lawyers in America” and David was named to the “Top 1% of Distinguished Attorney’s” by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. Amir Ardebili, “of Counsel” with the firm, was also named a 2017 “Super Lawyer”. Mr. Ardebili practices in a number of areas of legal specialty, but is increasingly in demand for his excellent work in the field of employment discrimination and harassment.
Every year, Monsees & Mayer folks engage in a host of charitable and community activities. In the past, the firm has been honored by both national and local legal organizations for our charitable endeavors. Among the 2017 activities are the following: Light the Night Leukemia Walk, Giving the Basics (for supplying needy families with basic household products), Public Justice Foundation, UMKC School of Law, University of Missouri at Columbia School of Law, Court Appointed Special Advocates (“CASA” a major child advocacy organization), Lee’s Summit CARES Holly Festival (donation to help build a healthy and safe community for children, youth and families), the Midwest Innocence Project, St. James Soup Kitchen, Medical Missions Foundation, the University Academy, Legal Aid, Wellsville Friend Foundation, Court Appointed Special Advocates, Medical Missions Foundation and most recently, The Friends of Beckwith Ranch (Historical site and heritage center, Westcliffe, CO). We also like to help our community organizations by serving on several boards: UMKC Law School Foundation Board, UMKC Law Young Alumni Board, Young Professionals Board of Legal Aid and LS CARES Board.
At Monsees & Mayer, we do find time for fun. Our “work hard, play hard” mentality was no better demonstrated than with our 2017 adventures:
- Tim continued his passion for scuba diving and headed to the Bahamas in May for a “liveaboard” adventure through the Exumas. In October, he satisfied a long term desire to dive in the Sea of Cortez, and traveled to La Paz, Mexico to satisfy a bucket list experience of diving with sea lions. The greatest 2017 adventure, however, was the birth of his first grandson. Jackson Royal Monsees was born January 3, 2017.
- David always enjoys unwinding on the golf course. 2017 was no different. David was able to enjoy his annual trip to Florida in the Spring, but this year he added Colorado (where his son just moved) and spent some time with his family and friends in the Dominican Republic.
- Robert, or as we like to call him, “Bobby”, again spent a lot of time at weddings of family and friends alike. In addition to traveling for weddings, he seized opportunities to attend Tuesday’s practice round of the 2017 Masters Golf Tournament in April and the 143rd running of the Kentucky Derby in May.
- Amir again spent some of his time participating in a few weddings as well. He made frequent trips to Arizona and California to see his family, and returned to Colorado with friends for hiking and other outdoor activities.
- Reed is our newest attorney. His first full year as an attorney at the firm was topped off with a wedding of his own. Reed and his wife, Elle Jenkins, got married on a family farm near their new home in Parkville, Missouri.
Virtually every member and employee of Monsees & Mayer, P.C. has been with the firm at least 2 years, and the majority, have been with our team for over 10 years. The stability and team atmosphere that is generated with this stability only serves to enhance the experience our clients have with Monsees & Mayer. The attorneys engaged in their annual team building outing this year with a firm retreat in Scottsdale, Arizona in September. You know the person you are dealing with is likely to be there for you during the duration of your legal issue. In short, we have each other’s back, and that allows us to always have the backs of our clients. For 22 years we have committed ourselves to transforming your misfortune into a ray of hope.
We could not be fully committed to you, if we were not fully committed to each other. We look forward to what often become life time relationships. Trust is the cornerstone of those relationships. We appreciate your commitment to us in 2017, and we look forward again to rewarding relationships in 2018 and beyond. Happy Holidays!