Distracted driving refers to the act of operating a motor vehicle while dangerously occupied with another task — like sending text messages, surfing the web, applying cosmetics, reading papers, eating, drinking or reaching down on the floor to pick up an item. These behind-the-wheel activities cause thousands of serious accidents in the United States each year.
If you or a loved one was hurt in an accident caused by distracted driving, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries and losses. Compensation can cover medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, loss of life, and other damages.
Representing People Injured By Distracted Drivers
At Monsees & Mayer, P.C., our attorneys represent individuals who were injured by drivers who were distracted behind the wheel. Our extensive trial experience includes cases involving:
- Motorists who were texting while driving, accessing social media (like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) on a mobile device or talking on the phone while operating a vehicle
- Drivers who were looking at a map, applying makeup, eating or drinking in a way that caused an accident
- Truck drivers who were not attentive to the road when they struck another vehicle
- Brain and spinal cord injuries
- Drivers who were under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of an accident
- The wrongful death of a driver or passenger
A distracted driving accident can be life-changing. Talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Contact Us To Discuss Your Case | The Consultation Is Free
Contact Monsees & Mayer, P.C., for a free consultation about your accident. We can answer your questions.