When a car or truck hits a bicyclist, the bicyclist tends to be badly hurt, and the driver of the motor vehicle tends to be OK. Bikers are at a disadvantage in these bicycle accidents, but negligent drivers and other parties can be held accountable. In some cases, injured bikers can obtain compensation for their medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and other damages.
A bicycle accident can be a life-changing event that affects the injured person physically, emotionally and financially. If you or a loved one was injured in a bike accident caused by someone else’s negligence, our firm is here to help.
Help With Life-Changing Accidents
At the law firm of Monsees & Mayer, P.C., we represent people injured in bicycle accidents. Our extensive case experience includes:
- Cases involving cyclists who were struck by drivers who simply didn’t see them
- Accidents involving children who were hit while riding their bikes
- Accidents involving distracted drivers and drunk drivers
- Cases involving drivers who were speeding or driving recklessly at the time of a collision
- Unsafe or defective bicycles
- Defective helmets
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Catastrophic injuries such as brain and spinal cord injuries
- Wrongful death cases
Every accident is different. Only some bicycle accidents form the basis for a personal injury case. Our firm’s Kansas City bicycle accident attorneys can help you understand what your rights and options are.
Contact Us | The Consultation Is Free
Talk to an experienced lawyer about your bike accident matter. Contact Monsees & Mayer, P.C., for a free case evaluation.