Being sexually assaulted or molested by a person you trust is one of the most difficult and painful experiences a person can endure. Victims of child abuse deserve to be heard, protected and advocated for.
Everyone knows sexual abuse is traumatic for victims, and that the damage it causes can have long-term consequences. Perpetrators of sexual abuse — and the leaders and organizations that cover up their actions — can and should be sued and prosecuted to the extent allowed by law. The law allows victims to bring claims against perpetrators and their organizations and obtain compensation for their injuries and losses, including pain and suffering.
Our Firm Has Been Successful In Representing Abuse Victims
At Monsees & Mayer, P.C., in Kansas City, Missouri, we take sexual abuse cases seriously. As forceful but compassionate trial lawyers, we have won many significant cases on behalf of abuse victims. Our extensive experience includes:
- Abuse cases against numerous churches
- Abuse committed by clergy members, youth ministers and camp counselors
- Organizations that did not perform proper background checks on staff
- Religious organizations that covered up or shielded abusers
- Negligent hiring or supervision of sexual predators
- Six-figure and seven-figure settlements on behalf of victims and their families
By nature, most sexual abuse cases settle confidentially. Most cases depend on the involvement of expert witnesses and the willingness of victims to testify against their abusers.
Free, Confidential Consultation
If you are looking for an experienced Kansas City sexual abuse attorney, contact Monsees & Mayer, P.C. We offer a free, confidential consultation.